Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A little about me

I've decided to bike commute to work because my evil car is having trouble and needs a new battery. Now yes I could just get a new battery, but less than two months ago the darn thing had trouble and cost me around $800 to fix that problem and I'm not going to pour any more money into it right now. My solution is to take a bike that I've had for a while and commute on her as often as I can. It's going to be an Adventure!
     My goal is to make it to work, which is 6.5 miles from my house, in only 45 minutes by the end of the month. The first time I rode it took me over 70 minutes to get there, yes I'm a bit out of shape and I hadn't ridden in a looooong time. But hey, I made it and nobody but my butt got hurt.
     I live in southern Arizona so the summer is going to get hot, but I'm going to go as long as I can before I buy that stupid car a battery. I even have a plan to beat the heat. When it starts to get to hot I'm going to soak my clothes in the shower before I leave for work. It will be like a I'm wrapped in a big swamp cooler, this should be fun. I'll let you know how it works out, hopefully I won't slip off my seat or something.
     Now it's off on my new adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment