Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yesterday's Ride

I rode in to work yesterday and it was great. I had my fastest time since I started riding: 0.45.40. That's only 40 seconds slower than my goal speed. My goal is to make it to work in under 45 min by the end of this month. So far I'm on the right track.
     It was a bit warm, and you could smell the dry dust in the air. It's like a faint tickle at the back of your sinuses that makes you think you are going to sneeze but you never do. The sky was this ice blue that just said dry so I kept drinking my water and I must have drank to much because I went through 32 oz on the way in. I only had to stop once though to catch my breath. A nice man in a big truck pulled over to see if I needed help, I thanked him but turned it down then looked in my mirror. I didn't look that bad so why was he worried?
       I need to find a new route though, this is the same route I took in the car and I want to see new things on this grand adventure.
     I'm off work tomorrow so I'm going to change out the cables on Lucy ( that's my bike). I want to try to raise the handlebars a few inches. My hands were going numb on the way to work and as a hairstylist I need to feel them to work.
    My boss is the best and she's letting me park in the back room, how many bosses would do that? Not many! She may think I'm nuts, but she's still supportive of me.
    Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment