Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rain is interesting

The ride in to work today was great, there was a light sprinkle and even though it was a bit cool I didn't need a jacket. I rode along enjoying the drops and feeling a bit sorry for all the people who were missing out on the smells and the feeling of the drops. It doesn't rain that often here. It was a really good ride and I even saw a rainbow. I was sad when I got to work because I had been having fun splashing about in the few little puddles I found.
     Through out the day the temperature dropped and the rain started coming down even harder. It was a rough ride home. Right now the temp is 45.Man did I wish I had my jacket with me for the ride home. I was so cold I could see my breath and my glasses kept fogging up so I couldn't see where I was going. Not a good way to ride so I decided to take side streets as much as I could to avoid traffic.
     I got lost because I missed a street when I didn't see the sign and ended up going 2 miles out of my way on a long swoopy street.   Finally I stopped for a minute to wipe off my glasses and figure out where I was. Then I laughed at myself because I had been going the wrong direction and hadn't even realized it. I saw some really nice houses before the world went foggy again and I was back on track.
    Fenders would  have been great, the little puddles I played in on the way to work had become giant lakes for the trip home. I must say that the spray Lucy can kick up is quite impressive though. It matched the cars almost in height if not in width.
     I arrived home frozen, blind and dripping, but there was a sense of accomplishment. I did it all by myself and I didn't give up. I just kept blundering on until I made it home. Then I hosed off Lucy and brought her inside, I'll oil her up when she stops dripping. I feel really good about my ride, now it's time for cocoa.
   Life is an adventure, at least there's cocoa.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment